Friday, March 11, 2011

Eva S. Recipe: Sweet Corn Chicken Pot Pie Soup

I needed something fast and easy to prepare as it was kinda last minute that we decided to eat home.  So here are the things that I could find around the house and praise God for the idea of putting things together.  Here comes the picture and instruction:-

  • Knorr Sweet Corn Chicken Soup - One pack
  • Sweet Corn in can - One
  • Diced Chicken Breast Meat  (optional)
  • Corn Starch (optional - if you like your soup likely thicker)
  • Button Mushroom - 5 to 6 up to own preference.  Sliced.
  • Celery Leaves - For decoration on top of the soup.

Knorr Sweet Corn Chicken Soup pack
Follow the instruction behind the Knorr pack and put the mixture in the pot/pan.  I added another can of Sweet Corn because I wanted the soup to have more corns.  In order to make the soup much more complete I added sliced button mushroom together with some diced chicken breast meat, then stir them well till boil with medium fire.  As I like it thick, I added in corn starch towards the end with low fire and stir till it gets to the thickness I want.  This portion is sufficient to make for four person.



When the soup is almost done. Leave it a side to cool down for 5-10 minutes.  You don't have to cook the soup till it's fully done as you still have to put it into the oven together with the puff pastry.  Now you can scoop in the soup into your favourite sauce mug provided it is not wider than your puff pastry.



Mine is about 9cm in diameter.


This puff pastry I bought from Tesco cost @ RM3.60 for 10 slices which is really a good price I would say.  Take out how many pieces you need and thaw for awhile.  If you are really in a hurry you can even just put them on the mug straight from the freezer.  I did it once and it still turn out good.  All you need is a slightly longer time in the baking process.


I roll it slightly so it will give more room to fit right on the mug.



Press the side on the mug so they will stick on nicely while it's baking.




Now it's all ready to bake.  I love this sauce pan that I bought from Tesco.  It costs about RM6.90 with a plate.  Pretty lovely to me.  Put in the preheated 200 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.


This is the end result of the Sweet Corn Chicken Pot Pie Soup.  Easy and really yummy to taste.  The pastry goes really well and in fact, enhance the taste of the soup when you eat them together.  My hubby was pretty impressed to the presentation as well as the taste.  Give it a try!!!

It is quite filling when the pastry goes together with the thick soup, so you can just make it alone to serve for dessert or... if it's purpose is to serve for lunch, you can try serving together with Pork Vege Mixed Pasta.  I did... and it was a perfect lunch for me and hubby. ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...